Want to wow Mom with magical gifts that she’ll remember for a lifetime this Mother’s Day? These four DIY gifts are amazingly simple yet will delight even the choosiest mother.
Crystal Wine Corks
If your mom is a wine lover, she wants to keep her favorites fresh. No better way to make a fabulous bottle last than a cork wine stopper — and these raw gemstone wine stoppers give an everyday home accessory the wow factor.
And this one’s genius. Even if you're not-so-crafty, you can do this one. Here’s what you need:
- Cork wine stoppers, available on Etsy or other home accessories stores
- Your mom’s favorite raw crystals (her birthstone would be great — or use all her children’s birthstones for a set)
- Strong glue (we use E6000), available at most craft stores
For easy step-by-step instructions that will walk you through the process of creating this amazing gift, click here.
To add even more of a wow factor, throw in a bottle of her favorite wine, a piece of jewelry set with the birthstones you chose for the corks, or one of these other DIY gift ideas. Read on...
DIY Hidden Gem Candle
Pamper your mom with a set of gorgeous candles set with her favorite stones. If she has a favorite candle fragrance, add some essential oils or other fragrance oils she'll love.
Here’s what you need:
- 2 or 3 glass cups (available at most department stores)
- Frosted spray paint (if your mom likes the frosted look)
- Wax (we use a combination of paraffin and soy for an even burn)
- Hot glue
- Hot glue gun
- Cotton or wood wicks with metal plates
- Essential or fragrance oils
- Gemstones (we recommend combining colors for a designer look)
- An old saucepan or double boiler (you won’t be able to remove all the wax to use the pan for cooking in again — we recommend recycling a thrift shop find)
- A funnel
To learn how to make this gorgeous Mother's Day gift, follow the step-by-step instructions here.
Make every day a spa day for your mom with these stunning crystal-studded soaps. Be sure to leave out the fragrance if she has sensitive skin.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Diamond silicone molds
- Glycerin soap base
- Shea butter or another white soap base Food coloring
- Glass measuring cup
- Essential oil (optional)
- Microwave oven
For step-by-step instructions on how to make these lovely soaps, just click here.
DIY Crystal Terrarium
If your mom is a plant lover (and what mom isn’t?), this stunning terrarium with easy-care air plants will bring a smile to her face this Mother’s Day.
Here’s what you need:
- A medium-sized terrarium (a glass container — geometric containers with several flat sides, one of the sides metal, work best with this project)
- Natural-colored or white sand
- A measuring cup
- White pebbles or rocks Several raw crystals
- Air plants (usually available in department or home improvement stores’ garden section)
For step-by-step instructions that will teach you how to make this gift, follow the simple how-to instructions here.
No matter which of these gifts you make (or why not make them all?), your mom will be sure to have an amazing Mother’s Day!